Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Worst Blogger Ever

I forgot I had this blog. Whoops.

How did I remember over a year after I first created it? So I was looking at my sitemate's awesome blog, (check it out Far From Nome) and I made a comment on one of her blog posts about the awesome pictures she put up. My name was highlighted, I clicked on it, and it said I had two blogs. WORD, google?? So apparently this thing still exists so I guess I should update it, right? Okay here goes:

1) I've been in Azerbaijan for a little over a year now (got here October 1, 2009). I've grown accustomed to enough of the culture to not really be surprised by much anymore. Acculturation WIN!

2) I'm sitting in the 'living room' of my 'house' in my permanent site of Zaqatala. This region is located at the base of the Greater Caucausus mountains, in the northern part of the country. Many Azerbaijanis will tell you it is one of the most 'gozel' (read: beautiful) rayons in the country. They are correct in their assertion. Don't believe me? Photographic evidence:



BOOYAH! I mean look at that beautifully clean street and that mountain just peekin' out behind the mural! Thomas Kinkade WISH he could paint some ish like this.

3) When I started numbering these points I thought I'd have more than two. Nope. But list making isn't really justified when there are only two items on that list sooooo... yea. I like dolma. Moving on...

Inshallah I will actually start updating this thing more frequently than once a year, but we'll see. My apologies in advance if the next post isn't until 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment