Monday, October 11, 2010

The Brief Wondrous Texts to Jessica A.

Text messaging may be the number one method of communication within the PCV community here in Azerbaijan. It's cheap, we're on a budget, and we like to sum up our lives in less than 150 characters. I was never much of a texter back in the US, but having been here for a little over a year now, I must say I now know why everyone is always texting on their phone. BECAUSE ITS AWESOME!

Okay enough jibber jabber, the point of this post is to say (and show you) how much joy I get from texting here in Azerbaijan. People here are really good at being hilarious within a character limit. So below are the funniest/weirdest text messages I've received in-country. All of them except for one were written by other PCVs.

In no particular order (and written exactly as they were texted to me):

- Good evenin lady Alcantara.how r u?

- Ummm, i was just showering in the outside hamam room w/ some mellow light coming from the pecht. It was very nice &pleasant. But then... Creepy brother pops his head in through the WINDOW & switches the light on for me & leaves. What the hell is that!?

- How long could it possibly rain 4? I just made a pantymobile and put it in front of the fan.

- Oh God oh God, im in the back of a packed marshutka w/ 2 hrs left & the kid next to me just puked all over herself & her mom...Lord God Almighty...it smells...

- Im about to lite a huge ass 21 on fire on a mountain side w/ a bunch of strangers. Jesus Christ, a gun was just fired as i write this. Its gettin crazy up here

- Ive discovered the best option 4 some type of aircondition'n: shower'n, not dry'n off & walk'n aimlessly around my apt naked occationally go'n back for more H20

- Was invited fish'n by a guy i met a while back. @ the H20, turnd round for 5 sec, turnd back round & dude's down 2 his underwear throw'n the fish'n pole. Now surrounded by half dozen, 1/2 nude fishermen

- I woke up w drool down my face all the way down to my shirt. Im so classy.

- Ever see 1 of those videos where a gorrilla cares 4,holds&coddles a HumanChild who fell N the cage@theZoo? A VERY largeAzeriMan has just turnd me N2 that child

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god. I'm laughing so hard reading this. Thank you for bringing up some good memories for me.

    Rae, AZ 5

    ReplyDelete