Friday, March 11, 2011

Things I've Found in AZ: Chickenheads!

If you read that title and thought of the Urban Dictionary definition of 'chickenhead', my apologies for the misdirection. I'm referring to actual chicken heads, as in the skulls of poultry. Let me get to the point of this post before you start thinking I'm insane...

I was walking down the street the other day with my sitey Löki, when I noticed something on the ground:

Obviously the first thing to run through my head was "Uhm wait, was that what I think it was?" Yes. Yes it was. I pointed it out to Löki and had to take a picture of the outrageousness of the situation.

So many questions! Why is there a chicken head in the middle of a sidewalk, not even near a garbage area? Was someone too pressed for time and was forced to walk and decapitate a chicken at the same time? Where was the body? Why did they just leave the chicken head there? Whoever owned the rest of the chicken, did they wonder what happened to the head when they got home and realized it was gone? How long had that chicken head been there, just hangin' out on the street? And most importantly, why did the chicken cross the road?

No comments:

Post a Comment