Thursday, January 6, 2011

Things I've Found in AZ: Music Video Edition

The other day I was sitting with a friend in our local IREX Center, googling pictures of cartoon characters for a PowerPoint presentation that was geared towards children. I was raised on/by television so of course I kept suggesting different cartoons to my friend. I mentioned the classics, including Winnie the Pooh, the Pink Panther, and the Flintstones - ones that I figured had worldwide appeal. She then showed me a cartoon character I've never seen before, called "nu pogodi", or at least that's what she typed into google. She told me it was a very popular and hilarious Russian cartoon, and she couldn't believe that I had never heard of it. She tried to jog my memory by singing the theme song, and proceeded to say something that sounded like "blahblahblahdancerblahblah."

Needless to say, by this point I was ecstatic, not only because the song sounds awesomely awful, but because she is actually singing it to me in a room full of people. I gave her a "WTF is that??" look, and she proceeded to go on youtube to find the song she was singing.

AND THEN I STRUCK GOLD. Below is the video that she showed me:


This is the best thing I've seen in Azerbaijan since THIS. It's indescribably incredible. Do we have things like this on tv in America?? And if so, what channel is it on because I NEED to get it when I go back to the US!

1 comment:

  1. i love that i can HEAR you speaking all of your posts if that makes any sense i miss you so much and this video is ahhh maze balls

    ReplyDelete